Thursday, June 30, 2005

HA message board

So this was the first time I really ventured out into any other forums. The beginning of the board was pretty informative - I'm thinking now that perhaps I'm not responding as well to the meds this time around because of the switch I made in the bcp I took. Before my first cycle I had been on a low dose pill but hated it because it made me all bloated and I packed on weight like there was no tomorrow. So while I was waiting for my cysts to go away, I went back on the pill I had used before, which apparently contained a higher dosage of the hormones, and perhaps is interfering with my response now. Plausible.

The middle of the board though started to really annoy me. *baby dust*,*sticky vibes*, PEOPLE POSTING IN ALL CAPS, in pretty pink letters, those fucking little icons everywhere... boy, they've really come up with some doozies! WTF? I'm so glad our IF blogs are a safe haven from that sentimental crap.

Update 01/19/11: I noticed that this was one of my popular posts.  I just want to say it was written about an older thread on the fertilethoughts forum which got a little wacky after a while.  The current HA thread, which you can find at http://www.fertilethoughts.com/forums/lifes-journey/343535-hypothalamic-amenorrhea.html is not like this at all, it is a wonderful support forum that has helped hundreds of women with HA over the almost seven years it has been in existence (it was started by my now friend, fitgirl, in August 2005, just a few months after I wrote this post.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been to typical Trying To Conceive message boards and they have their secret little acronym language like TTC, AF, LH, HPT, blah blah blah. I feel like I need a handbook to understand what the hell they are saying. And I totally agree about the **baby dust** and (((**baby dust w/hugs**))) crap. Enough of this "oh my little angels" drek. Of course, this week, just for giggles, I said to my girlfriend who is "TTC" "Baby Dust." We both howled.

EAB said...

And don't forget the sticky beans! Maybe it's just me, but I always get the worst mental images of Japanese food when they start talking about the damned sticky beans!

Maybe we should just start our very own 100% baby-dust-free snarky infertiles-only forum. I do that kind of thing for a living, actually -- I already run another forum on my colocated server, which started as a schism from another board (never piss off people who can and will just go start their own damned forum). If y'all want to start our own Super-Secret NO BABY DUST ALLOWED! Clubhouse, let me know ;).

MsPrufrock said...

Oh, those damn icons and tickers are the worst!! I feel in danger from stroking out when I read some of those posts because there is so much shit blinking and sparkling. Ugh. I also hate the little icons with their "blessings from god", ie the little cherubs' names and sometimes photos. You know what I mean: "Kaylee Kristynna Hansen, 2 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 23 hours, 16 minutes and 58 seconds old". Aw, bless. Puke.

Eggs Akimbo said...

I hate all those abbreviations and stupid dancing graphics like the two smiley faces in bed to indicate 'doing it'. And *baby dust*! How is that meant to get us pregnant?

Anonymous said...

I'm right along with you all. I started out reading forums and boards, specifically on babycenter but I hated those damn emoticons, flashing bars, baby dust, sticky vibes, tickers, b.s. that everyone seemed to have. I mean, how many freakin' tickers do you need?

Last time I went to the bathroom: 3 hours, 5 minutes, 10 seconds

Last time I blew my nose: 1 day, 6 hours, 2 minutes, 58 seconds

I'm game for a baby dust free message board!

Stephenie Brown said...

I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HEPATITIS B
  I’m Stephenie Brown, i was diagnosed with Hepatitis B 4 years ago, i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn’t going to ever be well again.I have used several antiviral medications include Entacavir,lamivudine but this could not fight the virus off me rather i got side effects of fever,muscle and joint pain.After  spending so much money on antiviral drugs but I never get better.I made a research on the internet for herbal medicine. AS I was determined to get my lifestyle back and to be able to do things I am restricted from doing, I saw a lady’s post on how Herbal Dr. JAMES cured her  from Hiv virus with his herbal mix medicine. I contacted the same Doctor through his email....drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com....we spoke, i told him all that I have been going through and he told me not to worry that everything will be more better again so he prepared his herbal mix medicine and sent it to me through DHL courier company and told me the usage,after 21 days of completing the herbal medicine,i was totally free from Hepatitis B,I went to see a doctor for a blood test ,After taking a sample of my blood for the test the result came out negative,i just can’t deny that i’m the most happiest woman on earth this very moment ,i’m so happy and thanks to Herbal Doctor JAMES,He also told me he cures  diseases   such as Alzheimer's disease,schizophrenia,Autism.Bipolar disorder,  Shingles,Melasma,Underactive thyroid, Melanoma ,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis b,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Epilepsy,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd,Back pain,Nephrotic syndrome,Contact him on his email and get rid of your diseases,he is a good man.....drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com