Tuesday, December 27, 2005

First few weeks

I haven't been able to write long posts over the last couple of days because I haven't really known what to say. Mostly because I still don't quite believe that it's true. But also, as so many others have said, because now this blog has to change a little bit. I do have a lot of thoughts tumbling around in my head though, so I'm going to try and put them to computer so I don't forget.

I noticed some mild cramping right around 7-9 dpo, I'm guessing that was from implantation. Had never felt anything like it with my IUIs. Then the cramps started up again about four days ago, and I've had them on and off ever since. More on the right side than on the left. That, along with my relatively high betas (well outside the range for the dpo I'm on), makes me wonder about an ectopic pregnancy. I'm trying not to worry, as there's nothing I can do about it. But glad I'll have an u/s next week. Also wondering about twins. Or more. Gulp.

The other things I noticed last week before I tested - my legs were really tired when I played hockey. I always imagined that when people said you would feel more tired when exercising that it was tired of the winded type. But my wind was fine, my legs just started screaming at me much sooner than I was used to. Then, after I played hockey, I actually felt cold in the shower where I always had felt hot before. I have read that when you're pregnant your body is better at getting rid of heat - which led to a fleeting thought that I might be.... I also had a dream that I was pregnant. In the dream, I figured it out because my nipp1es started cracking and bleeding and when I took my bra off it was lightly bloody all over, as if I'd scraped all the skin off. That's a new pregnancy symptom to me, but in my dream it made all the sense in the world. And I noticed it was a lot more slippery when I was inserting my pussaries (sorry for TMI).

Since we found out, M has been joking that I'm really pumping out the BTU's. He's really cold in bed when I get up in the morning, because his heat source has disappeared. And I'm starting to get the good old boob soreness. No nausea yet, although I'm finding that sweet things are not as appealing. Give me salt!

I played hockey again this morning. I have been told that it's okay to play through the first trimester, and I'm hoping that my body will let me know if I shouldn't be playing. I felt better this morning than I did last week, hopefully that's a good sign.

NBHHY!

9 comments:

S said...

That's awesome Nico! I'm really excited for you! The betas doubling are a very good sign!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nico, this is the first I've read your site... CONGRATULATIONS!! I'll be checking on you often.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I missed all this! What wonderful wonderful news. I'm so thrilled for you!

Mari said...

Oh Nicoe I can't believe that I too have missed all your great news! I am so very excited for you. I still walk arround asking T if I really am pg, to me it still does not feel real. Wishing you luck with your u/s.
But please know that I to have been cramping off and on, both sides to, apparently this is normal.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the numbers are doubling so nicely and that things continue to go well. Hopefully next week's ultrasound will ease your mind about the other issues.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Very best of wishes. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. This blog is going to be full of big changes soon. I can't wait. :)

Liz said...

Wonderful news...so happy for you!! Can't wait to hear about your u/s.

Anonymous said...

i'm so very happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!