Wednesday, October 12, 2005

We have a plan!

And I'm actually happy with it. Who woulda thunk?

I'm to take the Ovidrel shot tomorrow morning at 7am, then we'll do two IUIs, Friday morning (24 hours post Ovidrel) and Saturday (48 hours post).

So by then my two 14's (or 14 and 12) should be at 16-18mm, and my lining has had a little longer to plump up. Somehow the extra 12 hours before triggering makes me feel so much better.

Now, my question is whether to storm the castle tonight? They say the man needs to 'prepare himself' 2-3 days beforehand for the best sample. We were thinking the IUI would be tomorrow morning, so the monkey was duly spanked on Monday night (M was away, so I couldn't help). But now that's 3.5 days before. I think it's better to go shorter (storm the castle tonight, so 1.5 days before) rather than have an older sample. What do you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd gather the troops and storm the castle!

Anonymous said...

Nico - sounds like a great plan. I'm happy about those extra 12 hours too! I'd probably storm the castle tonight. My doc says if there are sperm issues, one of the secrets is to have as much sex as possible, so this would definitely count!

Good luck.

Anita said...

Yep, it is a known fact (by me and all other AC gals - sad I know) that the more you (YOU KNOW) the more conditioned the troops will be.

I say go for it!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've got a plan together that everyone's happy about. Fingers crossed.

Pamplemousse said...

Nico, you sound a whole lot happier with that plan now. Good luck!!

Chee Chee said...

This sounds like a great plan. I hope that today's IUI went well. Good luck for tomorrow!