Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Waiting

I am not good at waiting. I am not good at dealing with things not going my way. I am a control freak! I have an appointment with my gynecologist on Friday, I think to just go over all the test results etc., then with my RE on 2/8, to talk about next steps.

That was supposed to be next Tues after my test, hubby's blood tests and semen analysis, but he wasn't able to schedule that until 2/4, so I had to postpone. At least he got it scheduled - he does not have baby fever in the same way as I do, so I was really anticipating having to nag and nag to get him to make the appointment. I had asked him to do it over a week ago and he procrastinated (as is his wont). Fortunately I just had to push very very gently. Telling him that it needed to be done before my RE appointment was what did it, I think. The man is hopeless without a deadline!

I also made another appointment (I don't think I've seen this many doctors in all my previous 30 years!) with one of the doctors at the MGH reproductive endocrinology group. They're actually the ones who did the clinical trials to get pulsatile GnRH treatment approved here in the US, so I'm being proactive in case my current RE hasn't heard of it / can't do it. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get an appointment there until after we get back from our trip (2/25-3/22). I was really hoping to be able to take the medication while we were away - lots of time / opportunity for baby making.

Hubby is a consultant and travels Monday morning - Thursday night each week, which complicates things even further. He has suggested that if I am on medication to cause ovulation that I could fly to whereever his is for the appropriate timing. Should be able to work that out with my boss, as my work is all done on a computer. Doesn't really matter where the computer I'm using is physically located, which is nice.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is nice to have support from someone who can relate. I don't always feel strong, believe me! Good luck to you too! Once you start ovulating I am sure you will be pregnant soon after. I will continue to read your blog. Could you please tell me how to add the links to other blogs? I have been trying to figure it out since I started my blog, but can't seem to do it. I also read Julie's blog. Thanks again, and keep in touch!

Lisa said...

Thank you so much - I figured it out! And I also added you to my list!

Queenjulie said...

Hi and welcome to blogland! Thanks for listing me on your links! :) I'm very flattered. You and I are sort of in the same boat--late, irregular periods at puberty, and then no damn response at all after going off the pill. I finally started menstruating a couple of months ago, 13 months after stopping BCPs. I hope it doesn't take you that long! Luckily, I think just adding some fat to your diet will probably help you immensely--sadly, I probably could stand to lose twenty pounds, which is a bit more difficult. In any case, thanks for linking to me, and keep posting!