Saturday, July 30, 2011

HFS!!!

The nurse called this morning and said we would be doing a day 5 transfer, on Monday. Someone else would call later on to let me know what time. I almost let her hang up, but then thought to ask how the embryos were doing.

Well. She counted, and said that all seven are still growing! Six are 8-cell, and one is a 10-cell.

So, we're scheduled for 11am on Monday.

Only thing is, the fact that ALL the embryos are still growing makes me think that producing embryos has not been the problem for the last year, rather getting them to hang around. I've been nervous ever since the D&C's that there's something wrong now such that embryos are not able to implant, and certainly this makes me feel even more that is the case. HOPEFULLY I am wrong and one of those embryos will snuggle in nicely just a few days from now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news Nico! I hope your worries are for naught. You could ask your RE on Monday but I suspect s/he will say something to the effect of "it's hard to know." Fingers crossed for several 5-day embies to choose from. -tomcat

Jos said...

Wow - that is wonderful news. HFS indeed!!!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations!! That's great news!

Ceejay said...

Great news! I can understand the fears about implantation. But things are so much more controlled on ivf cycles, right? So there's a good chance that conditions may be more favorable in your uterus this time if they haven't been the past few cycles.

S said...

Hi Nico! I seemed to have misplaced your blog and must apologize for not keeping up!
I wish you the best with #3!

S said...

Oh, and I'll need to give you my new blog addy.

Aleks said...

Nico, I would love to email you as I have some questions I would be sooo grateful for your insight on. Will you send me your email? aleks.stewart@gmail.com
I have tried to post on the HA thread but am awaiting approval and don’t know how to expedite the process. Eager to hear from you. I know you are a busy lady!