Friday, July 08, 2011

Two shots down, 43-ish (+ ongoing PIO hopefully) to go!

I was super nervous before my first Lupron shot. Didn't particularly make sense, as I've certainly done a lot before with my injectable cycles... but this was different because it was in my thigh. So I didn't get to sleep until around 3:30 the morning before my first one.

When I finally dragged myself out of bed, I figured I had to get to it. After the requisite prep I squeezed the area of my thigh I was going to inject into, stuck the needle in (whatevs, it was *nothing*), let go of my thigh and pressed the plunger. When I withdrew the needle, yikes some liquid came out along with a little blood. And then i started *itching*. Weird feeling. I got a welt about an inch in diameter.

Felt as if I was on an adrenaline high for about three hours afterwards, until I finally managed to calm down.

I didn't think the shot went totally to plan, certainly it seemed to me that the amount of liquid that came out was a goodly proportion of what I had put in, so I called the nurse. She suggested that I continue to hold the area I was injecting into rather than letting go in the middle. worked like a charm, this morning's attempt was way better. No itchiness either.

i did do this morning's shot sitting in my closet so the boys who were playing just outside the bedroom wouldn't see me and ask too many questions if they came in.

3 comments:

Jos said...

Yikes! I'm glad the 2nd one went better. I hope this cycle is worth every shot!

Ceejay said...

That would be an interesting conversation, trying to explain to your boys why mommy is sticking herself with big needles! And wow, 45-ish is a lot of shots! I'm glad the second one was much better!

A m a n d a said...

Ha! That's a funny mental image...

I'm so glad you've figured out the tricks. Can't wait to hear how things progress!

(with the house AND with your ovaries)