Monday, September 19, 2011

Beautiful beautiful sound.

Blah blah blah spoke with the nurse, went through history blah blah blah

She *finally* got the doppler out, and despite my fears we could hear the h/b as soon as she put it on my belly. Nice and loud (I know that's only b/c the volume was turned up, but still).  180 bpm.

Next hurdle is the NT scan, 10/3.  I'm not particularly concerned about that (yet, talk to me in ten days or so) but I am more so than for any of our previous pregnancies given that I'm now 37.  But it's SO good to get past this appointment with good news instead of bad!

8 comments:

S said...

Yeah! I'm with you on the NT and nerves. So glad to hear today went well!

♥ JAM said...

YAYYYY!!

Jos said...

Whohoo!!!

Rebecca said...

Yea!! Congratulations!!

A m a n d a said...

Still tear up when I read this. I can't tell you how relieved and happy I am. Now October better come quickly!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!! OMG, this is such great news. So glad you are past this hurdle, and so excited for you!

Yo-yo Mama said...

I noticed that some docs leave their dopplers sitting right out on the table. Maybe it won't be missed...?

Glad to hear that this appointment went so well. May the next dozen be a snooze-fest of blood pressure checks and measurements.

Rebecca said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for your offer! I called the pharmacy yesterday and the tech who answered said I have "plenty" of refills for both the supps and PIO, so I think I'm all set.

I'm going to see what my levels are tomorrow and how I feel about it and then figure it out from there. Here's hoping the number has jumped significantly during the past week...

Thanks again, though. I really appreciate it!