Thursday, October 20, 2011

What a tease!!!

Yesterday, my spotting was negligible, and I was so stoked.

I also felt Pswyfl flip over, I'm almost positive.

Then I woke up this morning to my lightdays liner being almost totally filled with lovely, red blood.  ARGH!

I checked for a heartbeat with the doppler and was able to find it, so that set my mind somewhat at ease.

Called the doc and the nurse called back pretty quickly.  Offered another ultrasound.  But when I asked if there was anything that could be done, for, say, a placental tear (which is what I'm guessing it is, re-aggravated by the flippage), she said no.  So I didn't really see the point.

Either the baby is going to be okay or he's not, and unfortunately it seems like there's not much I can do about it.  Except hope like the dickens.  And wait.

Not too much bleeding since this morning, and back to old brown gook.

But really, can we just be done with this already???

5 comments:

A m a n d a said...

Ugh, seriously?? My heart dropped when I started reading the post..thank god everything still seems to be ok with HER (I noticed you said 'he'). I'm glad you have the doppler to keep you sane!

But maybe an u/s could tell you why this is happening?

Jos said...

Ugh, scary. Hang in there, Nico - sending lots of positive vibes your way.

♥ JAM said...

argh. Keeping everything crossed for your little bean!

-anita

Kristen said...

So sorry you are having to deal with this.thank goodness for the Doppler. Do you think it could be a subchorionic hematoma? A good friend had one, with an episode of heavy red blood, and all turned out fine.

Rebecca said...

Somehow I missed seeing this post earlier. I hope the spotting/bleeding has gone away. When is your next appointment?

I have to say, I'm jealous that you're already feeling movement. (I know it tends to happen earlier in subsequent pregnancies.) I'm trying to wait patiently for it. I keep hoping to feel some sort of movement, but no such luck so far - it's still just the round ligament pains.