I've been tagged by my very good friend Amanda over at Our Fertility Journey (yes, a while ago, what can I say) and this looks like another fun one! I'm also tickled pink to actually have been tagged for something - even when I was much more active in the blog world I very rarely got tagged and sometimes felt the same way I did when I got picked last in gym class. Stupid, I know!
Here's how it works:
Rule #1: the tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any question they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.
Rule #2: tag 4 people to do this quiz; they cannot refuse (ok, so nothing bad will happen if you don’t participate but I would love to see your answers). The tag-ee must state who tagged them.
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family? No pets. I had a cat growing up, but when DH and I got together we weren't home enough and until the kids are older I don't want the extra work
2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be? My dream right now is to go back to school for an MD when the kids are older. To become an RE. I don't know if I'm going to be able to make that happen. I considered going to med school when I was younger, but decided against it as I didn't see myself wanting to be with patients - if only I knew then what I know now, and how much I'm loving helping others with HA.
3. What would you do with a billion dollars? Honestly I can't even imagine. For me, we'd by a second home in South Africa, and an airplane so I could fly us there (another of my dreams is to get my pilot's license some day, much more likely than #2). Philanthropically (because no-one needs that much money) I'd want to do something to help kids and families - maybe something like providing free daycare for those in need.
4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood? Depends what caused the bad mood. Things like my m/c or yet another bfn - my boys really help. When it's just been one of those days with the two monsters, ice hockey or getting together with friends.
5. What is your bedtime routine? Think for an hour, "okay I'm going upstairs now", finally do it, pee, wash face, brush teeth, think about how I really should floss and decide to do it tomorrow, put my retainers in, face/hand lotion on, drink 16oz of water (I do not drink enough during the day!), pajamas and bed. (and a lovely progesterone suppository if I'm in another 2ww).
6. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your significant other? Beer hour at the company we both worked for. Funny thing was, I was interested in him from the get-go, made up an excuse to go to see him in his cube the next week, and he was *all* business. No dice. It took him a YEAR to figure out I was into him! (Probably for the best though, I got a lot of 'bad girl' out of my system in that year.)
7. What kind of books do you read? Mostly thrillers, as my "reading" these days consists of listening to books on CD in the car, and that seems to be what our library mostly carries. I almost always have the kids with me when I go, so it's pretty much grab the first thing I see and run before mayhem!
8. How do you see yourself in 10 years? I'm actually having a really tough time with this question at the moment. Perhaps in med school? Although that may be crazy. If not, maybe teaching, or perhaps still working at the company I've essentially been with since college. Hopefully with 14 and 12 yo boys and a 9yo girl :)
9. What’s your fear? Something happening to one of my boys (and that includes dh).
10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space? 1000% yes. I think that has to be the most incredible experience!
11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? For the past 1.5 years, take my temperature.
12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?
Buff him up a tad ;)
13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be? I love my name. But I did used to pretend when I was a kid that my name was Jessica, so if I had to pick a different one, that's what it would be.
14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose? Is there really anyone who would pick rain?
15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be? Based on the proportion of my diet it currently makes up I'd have to say whole wheat potato bread. It's my breakfast every day, then I often have it for (with) at least one other meal.
16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most? Support, comfort (both offering and receiving), and especially the thanks I've gotten along the way from fellow HA sufferers for helping point them down the right paths. Warm heart <3
17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods? Do I *really* have to pick? I like salty OR sweet, definitely not in combo. But I love both chips and chocolate... guess I'd choose sweet if I had to, I can go a day without chips but it's rare that I don't have at least one piece of chocolate and usually more. Definitely a weakness!
18. What items are in your purse right now? Nothing out of the ordinary.
19. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go? I've been hankering to go skiing recently, so mountains!
20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn’t? 90210 and Private Practice are the two I'm most embarassed to admit, so those probably qualify.
The three people I tag are fellow HA bloggers (oops, broke the rules - oh well!):
Sarah at the SHU Box
Seeming Normal (a new blogger, go say hi)
Ceejay at Half as Many Chances