Friday, December 08, 2006

All I want for Christmas...

It looks like Ant will have his two front teeth for Christmas! Poor little guy is not doing well with the whole teething thing. He barely slept at all yesterday, I was wondering what the heck was going on until I met up with my sis, and she pointed out "tooth bumps"! Tylenol last night got him to sleep (he was so exhausted he went down for the night at 5:30, 4-6 hours earlier than normal), but I don't want to give him too much of it. Although it's definitely worth doing at bedtime!

Any idea how long it will take to get from the "tooth bump" stage to them actually breaking through?

6 comments:

Eggs Akimbo said...

Bbay Eggs got her two bottom teeth within days of each other when she was about five and a bit months old.

DD said...

Cold, wet washclothes will be your best friends during these moments. As for how long, it may only be a day or two, but then you'll have to be on constant watch for the next culprits.

lucky #2 said...

My DD has been teething for over a month now. Now the drool is ridiculous and something is ALWAYS in her mouth. I talked to a friend last night who said her child did that for one month after the tooth bumps appeared.

My daughter does like the cold wet washcloth. I think she likes the texture! Hope he feels better.

S said...

My sons first tooth took forever to finally poke through.
His second, however, was through in less than a week.
I hope Ant feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

I really hate to tell you our story, but P started teething at 3 months and didn't get his first tooth until 8 1/2 months old. Then he got a tooth every two weeks until he had 4, then waited 6 weeks (teething constantly), then got 4 more in about two weeks. It made for a rough couple of months.

Poor Ant (and Mommy and Daddy!)

Em said...

It took my older dd about two weeks for those first teeth to pop through. I think babies get somewhat used to the teething and it isn't always this traumatic (except for the molars-they are bears).You can try the Hyland Teething tablets. Just rub them over his gumns until they dissolve.