Thursday, February 23, 2006

All's quiet on the western front...

Thanks so much for your reassurances, everyone! I had read in various places that one could expect any nausea to go away around the twelfth week, but never that ALL 'symptoms' go away. But it does sound like it's pretty normal for that to happen.

I also stopped taking the Prometrium suppositories last weekend. No more pantyliners, no more goop, no more sticking my finger up my... well, you know. It wasn't actually too bad, especially since I was only taking them at night time, but still, it's nice not to have to deal with it.

Another week and a half until my next DA. Getting to go every two weeks was so nice. I'm used to the two week wait. Four weeks seems to pass so much more slowly. Especially when nothing is happening!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am *so* glad to hear from you. Congratulations on losing the suppositories, and I hope the next week and a half flies by...

S said...

Good to hear that things are going well. :)

4 weeks between appts do seem to drag out, but before you know it you'll be going every 2 weeks and then every week towards the end.

As far as liners, you may want to keep some on hand...I've learned through personal experience over the past few months that hormones do funny things and can increase "moisture" in the area. There is no subtle way to put that is there! LOL!

Good luck, Nico

lucky #2 said...

Yaa - hoo! Isn't that a sweet goodbye to the nasty suppositories! I agree, the 4 week wait is AWFUL after getting 2 week appointments for so long (heck, or daily depending on the cycle)! I go back to 2 week appointments in 2 weeks! Can't wait! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Nico, so glad to catch up with you! I'm sorry you had a scare -- wouldn't it be great if for every pregnancy an OB/GYN moved in with us with all his equipment? We could ask him any question at any time of the day or night, and we'd get immediate reassurance. But if that's not feasible, I suppose bloglandia is the next best thing!

Hope the next four weeks fly by for you, my dear!